African Safari to Kenya's famous Masai Mara National Reserve travelling by road from Nairobi City.
What You'll Do
- Travel by road in Kenya and enjoy scenic views of the Rift Valley to Maasai Mara
- Enjoy game drives in the morning and evening
- Visit the land of wild animals that migrate from Kenya to Tanzania during migration months.
- Accommodation is in budget tented camps that are self contained
Take a 3-day safari to the Maasai Mara National Reserve which has the best visibility of wildlife throughout the year. Enjoy the scenery and wildlife in and off migration period.
What to Expect:
The destination Maasai Mara is set at an altitude of 1650m (5210 ft) with the rolling grasslands and one nature's most dramatic spectacles, the annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra from Tanzania's Serengeti which takes place from late July to September. The Masai Mara lies 275 kms (170 miles) west of Nairobi. Here the great herds of immense shuffling elephants, browse among the rich, tree studded grasslands with an occasional sighting of the solitary and ill-tempered rhino. Thompson's gazelles, zebra and eland and many more species of plains' game offer a rich choice of food for the predatory lions, leopards and cheetahs which hunt within the Masai Mara's 1,672 Kms2 of pristine African wilderness.
Day 1 - Transfer from Nairobi to Maasai Mara National Reserve
You will be picked up from your hotel or the airport and drive across the floor of the Rift Valley and the Loita Plains to the Maasai Mara National Reserve. You arrive there in time for lunch. In the afternoon you go on a game viewing drive and then go back to the camp for dinner and overnight. Lunch and dinner included.
Day 2 - Game viewing drives at Massai Mara National Reserve
Enjoy a full day in the Maasai Mara with early morning and afternoon game viewing drives. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Day 3 - Transfer from Maasai Mara National Reserve to Nairobi
After breakfast you return to Nairobi arriving at around midday. Breakfast included.
- Transport in safari minivans
- Accommodation for 2 nights / 3 days on full board in a budget tented camp
- with shower and bathroom inside
- 4 game viewing drives
- English speaking driver/guide
- 1 bottle of mineral water per person per day
What's Not Included
- Park entry fees USD$160 that is USD$80 per person per day, payable on departure day in cash in United States Dollars
- Drinks in the lodges and with meals.